Policy Forum: Developing Work-readiness for the Future of the Thai Labor Market “Foundational Skills” — The Key to Solving Economic and Learning Inequalities
Equitable Education Fund (EEF) Thailand is an organization under the supervision of the Thai Prime Minister with the mission as set forth in the Equitable Education Fund Act to reduce educational inequality by encouraging, supporting, and assisting underprivileged youth and adults in developing their skills and potentials as well as by enhancing teaching efficiency of teachers. The Fund determines its objectives in relation to the youth and adults’ needs using data from research and collaboration and develops policies based on research analysis and prototype development findings to implement them at the national level.
EEF in collaboration with the World Bank, Thammasat University, and the National Statistical Office Thailand has developed academic collaborations and proposed policy recommendations on Thai human capital development for competition in the 21st century through “Adult Skills Assessment in Thailand.” The research has been conducted to find ways to upgrade skills and learn policy formulation to be in line with the changes in the labor market in the digitally driven world for the country’s increased competitiveness on the global stage, in order to get it out of the middle-income country trap and develop its workforce into a higher skilled one. This will culminate in an improvement in the quality of life and well-being of Thai people, a reduction in generational poverty, and eventually, Thailand becoming a country with higher incomes and reduced disparities in various dimensions.
Therefore, in order to support the aforementioned operations, the organizations therefore jointly organized the Policy Forum: Developing Work-readiness for the Future of the Thai Labor Market under the theme “Foundational Skills” — The Key to Solving Economic and Learning Inequalities.
- To understand new strategies and challenges in youth and adult development
- To highlight the importance and role of skills and learning in reducing socio-economic disparities
- To propose academic collaborations and policy recommendations in youth and adult skills and learning development
- A presentation on “The Importance of Skills and Learning in Enhancing Education and Income;”
- A talk on “Policy Directions and Guidelines for Skills and Learning Development for Youth and Adults to Step Out of Poverty” by a host of policymakers and academics on education and workforce;
- An opinion exchange session on issues related to “Youth and Adult Skills and Readiness Development.”
Public, private, academic, and media sectors — approximately 300-500 people
Time and Venue
- Time: Wednesday, January 18th, 2023, from 09:30 am. to 12:00 pm.
- Venue: Equitable Education Fund Office, S.P. Building (Building A), 13th Floor, 388 Phaholyothin Road, Samsen Nai Subdistrict, Phaya Thai District, Bangkok 10400 (only for speakers and press)
- Participants can join via
Facebook Live: Equitable Education Fund Thailand
Read more information click here to download : https://bit.ly/3ip0Jgy
- Education Equity Fund (Thailand)
- World Bank
- Thammasat University
- National Statistical Office